I am in hot pursuit of a Thanksgiving recipe and would appreciate anyone's help so if the following ingredients sound familiar to you and you have the recipe, whip it out for me (please) and send it my way. And yes, I have already googled it, asked relatives, looked on several recipe websites, checked out the jello, Philadelphia cream cheese, and cool whip recipe websites, and tried to remember it. It's Zwahlen family tradition to eat it for Thanksgiving and the recipe card is currently lost and I'm not about to be the one to break tradition! :) Plus, it's one of my favorite salads we eat at Thanksgiving dinner and several family members have been looking forward to partaking it's green yumminess (plus, at this point, I really can't actually eat the traditional salad of lettuce, etc because it just doesn't even sound or taste good...can we blame the baby?). Thanks for any help in advance!
The ingredients I know:
1 box cream cheese
1 container (I think?) cool whip
1 small box lime jello
1 can (small or big, not sure) pineapple
3 comments:
That sounds almost exactly like what TJ is going to make, except I think he's using pistachio pudding or something like that. Unfortunately I don't know the recipe either.
I found a recipe for a lime and pear jello salad?
I love the recipe too! We've made it two different ways, hope this helps :)
LIME - CREAM CHEESE SALAD
2 pkgs. lime Jello
1 sm. can crushed pineapple, drained
1 (3 oz.) pkg. cream cheese (room temperature)
1/2 pt. whipping cream
Dissolve 2 package of lime Jello in 3 cups water. Add small can drained crushed pineapple. Cool until it starts to congeal. Whip cream adding cream cheese gradually. Beat Jello mixture and gradually add the cream cheese mixture to it while beating it all slowly together. Put into mold. Chill several hours or make the day before.
Green Jello Salad
3/4 cup hot water
1-8 oz pkg cream cheese
1-med can crushed pineapple
1/2 cup evaporated milk
1- large package lime jello
14 large marshmallows or 140 small ones
1/2 cup mayo
1/2 cup chopped nuts
Combine water, jello, cream cheese, and marshmallows in sauce pan and heat until all ingredients have melted. Combine pineapple, mayo, milk, and nuts in a bowl. add melted ingredients, mix well and pour into pan or mold and chill.
Post a Comment