Wednesday, September 23, 2009

Watch Your Language!

A few of the words and phrases that frequently escape Abby's mouth:
  • "Oh, shoo" (Oh, shoot...comes out whenever she drops something, falls, etc)
  • "Oh, geez" (said perfectly, by the way)
  • "No way!" (she can't just say no when it's something that really needs to be emphasized)
  • "Abby's turn" (to drive, to eat, to pour cereal...and the list goes on)
  • "Eat Mommy's ...(body part)" (when she's being particularly picky about the choices I'm giving her for snack, I will suggest eating hair, ears, toes, etc. Now it's coming back to bite me)
  • "Daddy's going poo-poo" (even when he's not home)

I'm sure we'll add a whole lot more to the list over the next few months, but these are some that crack us up everytime. And some (like oh, shoot) that really help us crack down on the words we say because we really want to save ourselves from as many embarassing situations as possible. We'll see if it really works!

4 comments:

Jessica said...

We switched to "oh my goodness" (instead of shoot or darn), and now Gianna says it all the time. Cracks me up every time.

Linda said...

Yep, we gotta be careful around our kids...they repeat everything! Can't believe how big she's getting!

Pacers said...

I couldn't believe it the first time the words "dang it" escaped from Mia's mouth. Scary. :) It's so fun to hear their language skills develop.

Shall's said...

did I ever tell you the story of the time James said shoot in church but it did not come out as shoot?