- Abby is obsessed with Elmo right now. She knows all of "Elmo's Song" and loves to sing it. She usually lets us replace her name, Daddy, or Mommy in the lyrics, but last night Roy tried to sing Abby in place of Elmo. She got right in his face and said, "No, ELMO!" and kept repeating that until he sang it right. Hilarious!
- We have a fun tradition of eating an otter pop for our family dessert and watching a few minutes of "America's Got Talent" or "Wipeout" before Abby's bath. We all love this tradition. Last night I asked Abby if she was ready for her otter pop and she went over to Roy, gave him a huge hug and kiss, and told him to get her a yellow popsicle. It was said with a huge grin of course so how could he resist?
- We were driving on Saturday and Abby was hungry so I grabbed the baggie of raisins from the diaper bag. She was being particularly moody and didn't like where I placed the baggie. I tried putting it a couple different places, but she kept being really mean in saying no. Finally I asked, "Where do you want the raisins, Abby?" She gave me this look and pointed into her mouth. As I was quickly taught, a literal question deserves a literal answer.
- Abby loves her baby dolls lately. We are accompanied by babies on some of our adventures, but now she talks to and about her babies a lot more often. Almost every morning for the last week, at least one baby joins us at the table for breakfast. Abby makes sure the baby has his/her own bowl, spoon, cereal, and cup of water. Every few minutes, my sweet girl looks over and quietly says hi to her baby. It makes me excited to see how she does with her real-life baby who is coming in February.
- We've been saying prayers with Abby since she was born. About 6 months ago, she learned how to fold her arms during prayer and about 6 weeks ago wanted to start praying with help. The other night, she just started praying at dinner. Of course Roy and I were incredibly proud of her and emphasized what a good job she did. So she prayed 5 more times before we were allowed to eat.
Monday, September 21, 2009
Abby's Latest Antics
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Too cute about the prayers. I can't believe how big she's getting! (I know I say that every time, but really, I can't.) Make sure you post some pics about your beautiful area of the country as fall approaches- I'm sure it's goregous!
Keep those prayers coming! You can never say too many.
Post a Comment