- Abby was introduced to sweet potatoes, which she LOVES! Today she learned that if she blows out air while she has food in her mouth, not only does it make a great noise, but Mom is suddenly doing a very weird dodging dance. We're in for a whole lot of trouble!
- Roy was the surrogate father for three boys at the ward Father-Son Campout. He just stayed for Friday night and came home smelling like campfire and full of fun stories.
- Abby came up with a fun new game this week. She looks at Roy until he looks at her and then she looks away for a few seconds, looks back at him, and giggles. They are too funny together! I love it!
- We discovered she likes to sing and "act" out "Row, Row, Row Your Boat". We especially love the second verse we learned yesterday from her cousin Zachary: "Row, row, row your boat, Gently down the stream, If you see an alligator, Don't forget to scream." She loves the screaming we do.
- This was my first real Mother's Day and it was a lot of fun. We spent the weekend with Roy's mom and his brother and family. It was so fun! The girls got cheesecake and then went shopping. Then we spent the rest of the weekend eating and watching the two kids...that seems to be how we spend a lot of our time together. Then today at church, there was a problem with the plumbing so we were dismissed after the first hour. Then we spent the rest of the day with Grandma Z, Steve, Catherine, Zachary, Michael, and Tina. It was a lot of fun!
- I just have to say what Roy did for Mother's Day. First of all, I told him that I wanted him to make dinner, which he did for not just us, but a party of 7. He's a good guy! Then he got the game of Boggle (technically from Abby) and then gave me a box of Sugar Daddys because, as he said, "This Mother's Day is brought to you by your....sugar daddy."
Sunday, May 11, 2008
Happy Mother's Day!
This week really was a busy one, but there are only a few fun things to report. The not-so-fun things included me doing some spring cleaning, but I already know you don't want to know how many hours I spent cleaning closets, sorting through baby clothes, reorganizing the bookshelves, and scrubbing down anything I could get my hands on. Abby was a huge help. As long as she could hang out with me and see what was going on, she was a happy camper. This was really the first week that I could clean while she was awake, which is very helpful since she has decided 45-minute naps are the new thing. Here are a couple highlights from the week:

Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Happy Mother's Day, Michelle! You look fantastic. And Abby is adorable, or course. We'll have to chat soon to catch up...
I want to bite her chubby little cheeks. She's so dang cute in that picture!! Happy Mothers Day, Michelle!
Hey! Happy belated Mother's Day..or as I like to call it...Dia de Las Madres! Are you guys going to come down for the big 90th bash in July??
Post a Comment