This last weekend was so busy! We both managed to squeeze in a quick nap on Saturday afternoon...an attempt to make up for several restless nights. The baby, Abby, has decided that night time is a wonderful time to kick, jump, dance, do karate, and do any other moving that makes it so mom can't sleep. And as quiet as I tried to be, Roy had a hard time sleeping too. But we ended up having a great weekend!
On Friday night my friends here in Alexandria threw a baby shower. We are incredibly spoiled by family and friends. We got some very cute clothes, fun books and toys, and the car seat. It was a fantastic night and so fun to see friends and family!
On Saturday, we had a Zwahlen girls day out. It was really fun. Then we all went to dinner with the husbands and babies and then made it up to the temple to see the lights. I wish I could describe how cool the temple grounds looked! We read that there are 450,000 lights up and it was awesome. There were lights draped across trees and busheds and lights formed into the shape of flowers. It was beautiful! The first picture is of us last year and the second is from this year.
1 comment:
Oh how I miss the DC Temple and the amazing lights!!! They don't do such an extravagant job on the Logan temple here :-( I'm glad I found your blog - Mark and I started one too so now we can keep an eye on you guys!! Hope all is well and we are excited to see pictures of your little one in just a month or so!
Post a Comment